HBN Simela Architects is a firm of Architects registered under the Architects Act 1975 and serves the whole of Zimbabwe from their Bulawayo Offices and provide a full range of services including:
- Advice on land development potential.
- Pre-feasibility studies in conjunction with Quantity Surveyors, Valuation Surveyors and Project Managers.
- Specific and speculative commercial, industrial and multi-residential developments.
- Full architectural services
HBN Simela Architects have experience in dealing with the following categories development projects in Zimbabwe.
- Agro Industrial Developments
- Flats – multi-residential
- Houses – Individual and multi-residential
- Industrial Development
- Office and Shop Developments
- Safari Camps
- Sports/ Recreational Facilities
In addition, HBN Simela Architects have experience in team leadership with multi-disciplined consultancy groups within Zimbabwe and on a regional basis.
The firm HBN Simela Architects was founded in 1993 by Mr G. Simela. Before setting up this practice, Mr Simela worked as an Architect with Ministry of Public Construction and National Housing, from 1986 to 1988 and notable projects carried out included the design of the Zimbabwe High Commission in Gaborone, Botswana, and the supervision of the construction of the National Sports Stadium in Harare.
From 1989 to 1993 Mr Simela worked for Anderson & Anderson Architects in Bulawayo and founded G. Simela Architects in 1993.
HBN Simela Architects have been accredited with the successful completion of projects like:
- Matabeleland Zambezi Water Project Offices: Alterations of Art Gallery into offices.
- Zimbabwe Building Society: Regional Offices in Bulawayo and Masvingo.
- Barbourfields Stadium: Upgrading the existing stadium for the City of Bulawayo for All Africa Games
- Jays Supermarket (Victoria Falls): Supermarket and Shopping Arcade for Jay Gopal.
- Maldon Village – Town House complex in Bulawayo for A.P. Glendinning (Pvt) Ltd.
On going project include an Office Block with a pharmacy for Converging Investments (Pvt) Ltd and the new Administrative & Lecture Block for the Management Training Bureau – Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund in Harare, Shops and Offices for Astra Supplies (Bulawayo) and Pharmacy, Shops & Offices for Coverging Investments (Pvt) Ltd.